Experienced professionals in a multidisciplinary team who meet all the needs of companies and their executives in matters of financial crimes, compliance, government enforcement and corporate ethics matters.
Our White-collar Defense, Compliance, & Regulatory Investigations team is made up of professionals with vast experience in assisting Brazilian and international companies and their executives in complying with legislation related to the prevention of fraud, corruption, money laundering and financial crimes. We offer secure, assertive and sophisticated solutions for highly complex cases including listed companies and financial institutions, both in the prevention and crisis management.
Our team is made up of elite professionals with complementary backgrounds in Criminal Law, Litigation, Antitrust, Regulatory and Corporate Governance in order to provide a one stop shop to all our clients’ needs.
Our track record involves a variety of local and international industries including: construction and engineering, oil and gas, human resources solutions, multinational retail, pharmaceuticals, financial services, private equity funds, technology, defense, chemicals, telecommunications, media and entertainment, automotive and education services.
- Preparation and review of integrity and corporate governance programs in line with the Brazilian law and best international practices;
- Risk assessment, including steps related to hiring third parties;
- Assistance in due diligence in the context of M&A and capital markets transactions;
- Compliance trainings on antitrust, anticorruption, cyber and related matters according to specific client’s needs;
- Review of contracts to draft specific clauses to protect the company’s business;
- Conducting local and cross-border internal investigations;
- Crisis management and legal advice to boards, directors and shareholders; and
- Negotiation of collaboration agreements with the relevant authorities.