We offer our clients a differentiated asset reorganization plan, with multidisciplinary involvement of such equally relevant areas as family, inheritance, tax, corporate and real estate matters. Our team has extensive experience in handling sensitive matters that require of the lawyer personal assiduity and a human approach that go beyond legal knowledge.
Matters relating to family and succession planning are generally delicate, and if handled inappropriately, can generate conflicts and friction among family members. Just as important as creating wealth is knowing how to pass it on to the next generations. A well thought out and executed asset reorganization is an important tool for ensuring that not only is wealth built over a lifetime, but above all that the values and principles that guided building it are perpetuated.
We counsel families and their individual members, family offices, private clients of financial institutions, and people changing residence from one country to another. Throughout the process, we try to contribute to the stability and well-being of the family, and to avoid crises of continuity in management.
· Verification of the need and/or intention to otherwise organize the estate;
· A preliminary meeting with the family to establish the objectives and premises that should guide the reorganization;
· Analysis of the family and asset situation, to present the structures that best serve the interests of each client, considering the legal, tax and corporate aspects;
· In the case of assets located outside Brazil, identification and explanation of alternatives in other jurisdictions (trusts, for example), with interaction and coordination with foreign legal advisors;
· Suggestion of preparation of prenuptial agreements, cohabitation contracts, wills and other testamentary instruments, and changes in property regimes, among others;
· Explanation, for the family, of the effects of death and the rules applicable to each regime for marital assets, including by reason of succession;
· Counsel on the asset reorganization in the period before the tax exit or entry into the country;
· Analysis of important Brazilian tax and succession matters linked to the family and the assets that form an expatriate’s estate;
· Interactions with foreign legal and financial advisors on tax and succession issues in the destination jurisdiction.
Register to receive our newsletters.