Practical and effective solutions in risk prevention
Our environmental law specialists offer comprehensive advice on all matters involving Brazilian law. Our lawyers are at the forefront of emerging environmental issues in the development and operation of projects throughout all sectors of the economy.
Our knowledge of environmental standards, together with our experience with the environmental agencies and the Ministério Público, permit us to guide client adoption of best practices, minimizing risk exposures, in a preventive approach. We offer practical and effective solutions that meet each client’s specific needs.
However, if problems do arise, we will remedy them through specialized litigation counsel provided by our lawyers. Our environmental team works closely with lawyers from the corporate, financial, real estate, litigation, tax and other areas of the firm to ensure that environmental issues relating to mergers, acquisitions, financings, divestments, real estate purchases and leases, and other relevant transactions, are handled so as to best mitigate exposure to the risks arising from these transactions.
· Consulting on environmental law at the federal, state and municipal levels;
· Environmental litigation in the civil and administrative spheres;
· Environmental risk analysis in corporate transactions;
· Environmental risk analysis in financial transactions;
· Negotiation of Undertakings to Change Conduct and Undertakings for Environmental Remediation;
· Environmental liability and crisis management;
· Legal advice on environmental licensing processes;
· Legal advice on green area compliance, waste management and post-consumption liability.
Register to receive our newsletters.